OpenCossan is available via Matlab file exchange (as a Matlab toolbox) or from the user area of cossan website.
Detailed information on how to get a toolbox from file exchange is available from Mathworks here
It is recommended to install OpenCossan using the toolbox file (OpenCossan.mtbx). The OpenCossan toolbox contains all the tools and documentation of OpenCossan. It also provides the OpenCossanApp.
It is recommended to install the OpenCossan Matlab apps. The OpenCossanApp is an interactive application written to perform the installation of OpenCossan and keep the release synchronized.
The OpenCossanApps (OpenCossan.mlappinstall) can be downloaded from here, this may require users to log into their cossan user account:
Once downloaded the user will have to install the Cossan app to the MATLAB toolstrip.
1. In the app, click download. (4 zip archives will be downloaded. Ensure that they are in your downloads folder).
2. In the MATLAB OpenCossan app set the download directory to the folder containing the zip archives. Set the install directory to your desired installation path.
3. Click install.
4. Click Run OpenCossan.
5. Now try to run a tutorial! (Enter something like TutorialCantileverBeam)
Caution: If you are using a Mac your computer will try to remove the archives after extracting them automatically. This will cause the installation to fail. Work around: restore the zips to their original location from your trash.
The OpenCOSSAN Engine is composed by 4 ZIP archives:
- OpenCossan.zip (containing the source code of the software)
- OpenCossanDoc.zip (providing in-line documentation)
- OpenCossanExamples.zip (Examples and tutorials)
- OpenCossanAddOns.zip (3rd-party software and external libraries)
A further archive (PATRANplugin.zip) provides the COSSAN plug in for PATRAN.
- Download the OpenCossanEngine.zip and Docs_and_Examples.zip files into your computer
- Choose a destination directory (e.g. C:\OpenCossanEngine, as shown in the picture) to extract the file mentioned above and complete the extraction
TODO: DESCRIBE STRUCTURE OF THE EXTRACTED FILES.
NOTE: For networked windows users please ensure that your working directory is set to your local hard disk and not the network (otherwise some scripts will fail). Use: OpenCossan.setWorkingPath('C:\Users\user\Documents\MATLAB\')