FLEXlm is a common software license manager from Macrovision which implements license management and is often used in corporate environments to provide floating licences to multiple end users of computer software.
This document explains the procedure and the necessary checks related to setup of flexlm license server.
The FLEXlm is current running on the server s1.
The binary files of flexlm license server are stored in the following folder:
The licences provided by the different vendors must be placed in the following folder:
TO START THE LICENSE SERVER:
- Connect to the server "c810-s1" with the administration rights
- change to directory "/usr/msc/nastran2006/nastranmd/flexlm/linux/"
- Export licence file
- export LM_LICENSE_FILE="/usr/msc/nastran2006/nastranmd/flexlm/licenses/license.dat"
- Start lmgrd
./lmgrd -c /var/opt/flexlm/licences
- . To reread the license file
./lmutil lmreread -c /var/opt/flexlm/licences/licensefilename
- . To see the status of the flexlm
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION:
- flexlm uses the license files stored on the folder /var/opt/flexlm/licences
- this file has been specified in the bashrc file of user esa as:
- The file "/usr/msc/nastran2006/nastranmd/conf/nast2006rc" has been edited to give authorization for license file:
- The first two lines of the license should be as follows:
SERVER c810-s2.uibk.ac.at 001185D508F0 1700 DAEMON MSC usr/msc/nastran2006/nastranmd/flexlm/linux/msc
- the version of flexlm can be seen with command "./lmutil lmstat"
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Flexible License Manager status on Mon 12/18/2006 12:29 License server status: email@example.com License file(s) on c810-s2.uibk.ac.at: /usr/msc/nastran2006/nastranmd/flexlm/licenses/license.dat: cl0-c810.uibk.ac.at: license server UP (MASTER) v10.8 Vendor daemon status (on c810-s2.uibk.ac.at): MSC: UP v10.8
IMPORTANT COMMANDS RELATED WITH FLEXLM
- Check if lmgrd is running
ps -ax | grep lmgrd
the process has to be killed of flewxlm server is to be restarted
- check the status of the ports
netstat | grep tcp
if there is a line with "TIME WAIT" with port 1700 , use the following command to free the port.
fuser -v -n tcp 1700
- rm /usr/tmp/lockMSC : this command has to be used before restarting the flexlm server.
To see how many licenses are available and how many are checked out:
./lmutil lmstat -S
To see the other options of lmstat command, use ./lmutil lmstat --
Last Updated by HMP, 17.09.2007 --Ep 18:10, 21 December 2007 (CET)
- FLEXlm End Users Guide (versions 5 through 9.5)
- FLEXnet End Users Guide (versions 10.0 and later, under the new brand)