Update your Fedora
The new feature of Fedora allows users to easily download all the files needed to upgrade their distro, and then reboot into the installer without burning media.
- Install preupgrade
- Run preupgrade GUI
- you need the administrator rights to start preupdate
- Confirm that Fedora 9 appears in list of available versions
- Choose 'Apply'
- Confirm that packages are downloaded
- Process should complete with no traceback
- Reboot system and choose 'upgrade fedora' from boot menu
- System should start installer - configure network, keyboard, etc.
- Network is still required for installation!
- Choose 'upgrade'
- Reboot into installed system
Update to Fedora 8
Download these packages:
open a terminal and write:
rpm -iUh fedora-release*.rpm
quite simple, isn´t it?
Problem: conflict during the updating with the SElinux
Error: hplip conflicts with selinux-policy < 3.0.3-3
Solution: remove the SElinux
yum remove selinux-policy -y yum update yum install selinux-policy -y
If you can not run matlab and you got the following error message
MATLAB: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
you have to reinstall the old X11 library.
rpm -i --force libX11-1.0.3-8.fc7.i386.rpm rpm -i --force libX11-devel-1.0.3-8.fc7.i386.rpm
to configure NIS edit the following files:
#sudo vi /etc/yp.conf
and add the following line
domain ifm server 126.96.36.199
Then edit the file
#sudo vi /etc/nsswitch.conf
and modify the following lines:
passwd: nis files nisplus shadow: nis files nisplus group: nis files nisplus rpc: nis files
Update to Fedora 7
The easiest method to upgrade your Fedora distribution is to download and install the following packages:
Then upgrade your distribution with the following command:
Install from the network
- Start your PC with a bootable CD (e.g. RESCUE CD of Fedora 7)
- Chose FTP installation
- ftp server: zid-luxinst.uibk.ac.at
- folder: dist/fedora/core/7/i386/os
- Continue the installation following the onscreen instructions
Install from local media
- Insert the CD or DVD on the CD/DVD player of your PC
- Turn on the PC
- Follow the instruction that will be appear on the screen
- Enjoy with FEDORA 7
--Ep 17:37, 1 June 2007 (CEST)